Today was my first day teaching Joy School and I can't believe how much I loved preparing for this day. Our curriculum is the alphabet so this week I had the letter C. So what better way to learn about the letter C than have a big Circus in my living room! Here is the Circus tent.
We had a lesson about the letter C, sang songs, had dance time with songs that start with C, made 2 "C" crafts, baked Chocolate Chip Cookies shaped as C's, had Cotton candy and played musical instruments (Cymbals, Clapping toy and a Colorful maraca...hey, I know it's a stretch but it works ok)!
They each got to Choose the Character they wanted to be, so here is the little
Cowboy, Clown and Cheerleader. Adorable!
The last 10 minutes we played Circus games. The most popular was throwing the balls through the clowns mouth. It was so cute because every time the girls' threw their balls through, Brock would run after them to bring back to the girls' and the girls' would say, "Thank you Brock". It was adorable. They played so well together and that makes me so happy.
We tried to see how many kids we could fit in our Clown Car...Lydia didn't fit, hence the facial expression you see below!
What surprised me was that the kids were happiest when they were doing craft time. They loved it. They also got to tape Circles on the letter C. That was Brock's absolute fav. I think Lydia and I are going to have to start doing a daily craft. They were a hit. Yeah for Joy School!
9 comments:
SErious? You are to stinking cute! I love how you totally went all out for Joy school! Love it!
You should have a kid soon so our next ones can be in joy school together! Love how much energy you put into joy school!
That is such a cute idea!! If I had a little more time I would so love Hailey to be part of the group. It looks so fun!
I am very impressed I bet they all loved it and they don't even know how much time you spent on it. What a great Mom you are.
Wow how fun is that. Those kids must have had a lot of fun learning the letter "C". Way to go girl. Those kids are in for a treat. Seriously you are AWESOME. Love their outfits.
Isn't having kids a "JOY"!!!
You did a Great Job.
Can't wait to see more posts on future Days. =o)
To die for! Love EVERYTHING you did...and I completely agree about the caterpillar- a must do project! Darling, darling!
How CUTE are you??? I loved Joy School when I was little. We are currently doing the "Gunny Sack" concept my mom taught us from Joy School. Love it! I want to get together soon...I will start ugging my husband about that...ASAP!
GO GATORS! Look at that Gorgeous Gator Girl. (I am purposely giving you an idea for when you teach the letter G)
You are amazing!! You went all out for Joy School...you don't kid around. You mean some serious business when putting together lessons. Looks like the kids had fun and I am glad Lydia represented the Gators well. I love that last picture of her with her craft. So proud of herself.
Post a Comment