Sunday, March 08, 2009

Surprise Sprinkle! Lydia Sings!

For the past few weeks Margo, Kristin and I have been planning a surprise "Sprinkle" for Lynette. What's a sprinkle you ask? Well, the invite read,
"A baby shower for the first,
a sprinkling for the second.
Come join us to sprinkle Lynette and Izabel...
A sprinkling-not as large as a shower
but just as much fun."
And fun we had. Lynette was totally surprised. She had no idea what was going on. I was sure that the secret would slip out but it didn't. Luckily it never came up in conversation because some of you how I can't lie to people's faces. I definitely do not have that poker face. If any of you watch "The Office", you should understand the sign I made for Lynette. That Dwight; what a character.
Anyway, we talked, ate, played a really fun game and opened presents. We invited Lynette's adorable mom Bonnie and can I just say she is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. Love her. I guess that's where Lynette gets it. Some of us chipped in together and got her a double stroller. She loved it!
Lynette is such a great person. I am so happy that we're friends and I'm glad she had a good time at the shower. The best part...she called me a few days before the party and asked if I wanted to go and get pedi's with her on Saturday (the day of the party). Does that work out any more perfectly? Nope! So I didn't have to make up a lie to get her to my house that morning.
Then a bit after the party we still went and got pedicure's together. And that night we went out to dinner with the husbands and kids. It was a fun day of the Watts family! Love you guys! On another note, I've been trying to get Lydia singing songs on camera FOREVER! For three reasons: 1) I LOVE her little girl voice and want to remember it always. 2) Everyone always asks me, "So, does Lydia talk much?" Uh, YES, that's all she does. She won't shut up actually. She's just so shy, she doesn't say much. And 3) My mom (and entire family) live in Kansas so my mom doesn't get the perks most other G-ma's get of hearing the voice of their sweet grandchildren every day. So I knew my mom would love to see these videos. So mom, these are for you. These are 3 of her favorite songs to sing (if you watch these, be sure to pause the music on the right).
1st song: I love to see the Temple.
I thought she'd be shy so I hid the camera from her at first (that's why the lighting stinks). But this time she was willing!

2nd song: I am a child of God


3rd song: ABC's


Ahh, I love this girl.

10 comments:

A and L Stapley said...

She is definitly the next American Idol!! :) how cute... and the Sprinkle is such a good idea. I have often wondered why no one ever gets anything for the second child, especially if the first was a different gender than the 2nd.

Marti said...

I love the Sprinkle idea! You are so creative...what a fun party.

And I too love little kids singing. Lydia is darling. What a fun age!

Nicole said...

Cute singing videos of Lydia. She is a cutie and getting to be so old. What a fun age and I love your "circus" below, it looks like you did an amazing job!

Margo said...

It was such a fun party. Lynette was totally surprised good job girl. Love Lydia great singer in the making. Hey can you please email me the low sugar banana muffin. Thanks girl you are the Best!

Anonymous said...

toooo cute, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree Grandma frandsen

Joey and Nettifer said...

I still can't thank you enough for my sprinkle! Love you! I still get the biggest smile thinking about it. You are the best!!!! Everything was amazing. Thanks for all your hard work!
Ok Lydia- where do I even start! She said my favorite "holy spirit" and I love it when she whispered "god". She is quite a performer and those ABC's reminded me how Jacob would sing them - what an character! She is adorable. So glad you got it on video.

Anonymous said...

Love the Sprinkle idea! So cute! And Lydia's singing is adorable! I love when she is singing I am a Child of God and she says "parents kind and deeeaar." Too cute!

TeamTyson said...

So Cute! I love the idea of a Sprinkle, and you have inspired me to try and get video of Emry singing.

Anonymous said...

I remember when we sang that song as kids, I can't believe how fast she is growing !! Love you cousin!

Anonymous said...

Once again...she is adorable! I think she has a future :) See you soon! Stephanie