For Joy school this week, we went on our very first field trip as a class. Last Wednesday (3/11), the letter of the week was "D" so we thought we'd take the kids to the "D"inosaur museum after a short lesson by Aimee. Let me tell you, I loved that place. It was amazing. I think I enjoyed it more than the kids did.
Here they are standing by a dino leg.


They got to play in the water and build dams.


They had these huge, life size dinosaurs all over the place. It was actually quite intimidating. I couldn't believe how big they were. This pic just doesn't do justice.

Here's Lyd's standing next to one (you can't see her that well). She was about as tall as the foot of this dino.

To get an idea of how big this guy was below, you can see Jules and Izzy in between the two back legs of this monster. HUMONGOUS!


They also got to dig in the sand for dinosaur bones. It was hilarious because Lydia has never put her feet in sand before so when she got in, she didn't move from this spot for about 10 minutes, literally. It was so funny to watch her spread her toes and feel the sand going between them. And she
would not take her hand off of the rock. It was like she thought she'd fall if she let go because of the uneven ground beneath her. After a while she got used to it though. It sure was cute to watch.
We had a good time so that makes field trip #1 a success!!!
3 comments:
That museum kicks butts. Love that Lyd's wouldn't move from one place - to cute!
Hey for field trip. Looks like the kids had a great time. I love that place!
Yea for a successful day! That place looks great. We'll have to check it out one of these days.
Post a Comment