Jake and I decided that we both needed a vacation and since the Mountain West Conference Tournament was coming up, we decided to go there. It's in Las Vegas so we thought it would be fun to drive down and stay at the South Point Hotel for a few days. We met Bones and Darcie down there and while the boys were at the games, Darcie and I went shopping and went to one of the Vegas shows.
The first couple hours of our trip (the drive to St. George) were great and this was Lydia's face for those two hours...
Lydia's favorite part of the trip was the swimming. The second she woke up in the morning she'd go the window and say, "Go swimming Daddy!" So we went swimming every full day we were there.
I just love that the round belly is still there...adorable in a two piece!


Here's Bones and Darcie with Lyd's (Jake's bro and sis-in-law).
Well, the whole point of going to Las Vegas was to see the Utes become the MWC champs and that's what we saw! Needless to say, Jake and Bones were very happy campers. Here we all are at the game.
Lydia sat on my lap the WHOLE time and laid her head on my chest. Oh, didn't I mention that aside from her being naughty, she also never left my side and wanted me to hold her ALL the time. Good times! Although, I have to say, I do love those big blue eyes! What a doll.
Of course Jake and Bones had to rush down on the court as soon as the Utes won. Many people called Jake to let him know they saw him and Bones on tv! I'm so glad they won. My husband is ecstatic that the Utes are a 5 seed in the NCAA tourney because of it! GO UTES!

The night before we left, Darcie and I had a girls' night out and went to the 10:30pm showing of
"O" by Cirque de Soleil.
It was pretty good. I was a tad disappointed because it was basically just like their other show "Mystere" except you just add water to this one. They had some pretty cool water scenes and diving but overall I felt like I had already seen it. We had pretty good seats though, so that was nice.
Overall, it was a pretty good trip. We were supposed to be home Sunday evening around 5pm but due to another one fo Lydia's major meltdowns we decided to hang out in St. George for a while to let her run around (Jake's parents have a condo down there). The reason for her crankiness...lack of sleep. She didn't take one nap the whole trip and she also went to bed late and woke up early every day. Hopefully now that we're home, she'll get back to her usual, sweet self.
It was fun to get away but honestly, it's good to be home!
6 comments:
How fun that you were able to get away for a while. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I sure need a vacation too.
oh i love that first pic in her car seat, so cute! it was good to see you guys for a sec last night.
what a fun trip besides Lyd's struggling! I can't get over her cute belly in the bikini!
two thoughts - she is getting SO BIG!!!!! and second, I LOVE her little round belly in her bikini. Just too cute!
What fun! Looks like you guys hit everything you can in Vegas! I'm mostly jealous about the shopping though. :) Glad you were able to break up your trip and stay in St. George- lucky!
Oh and I agree about being home. After about 3 days, I'm ready for my own bed and surroundings!
I'm glad to see you made it back alive.... Aaron and his brothers went down to the game too. They loved it!
Post a Comment