Well there are two things I was excited about for making this trip. Of course the game and the food. Hey don’t judge me. I am a rather rotund individual after all and I didn’t get this way by NOT eating. Not too mention that New Orleans is one of the culinary capitals of this country, nothing but fine cookin down there. Good old southern eatin! I figured what a better way to end my fatness then in a blow out in NOLA. Because this year is obviously the year Ill honor my new years resolution and get back to my pre marriage weight. But I digress.
New Orleans is quite a diff experience. It’s a stanky, rancid, dirty hole, but fun nonetheless. This is a picture of my brother in law Brad and I in front of this gator. What the relevance of this picture is I don’t know other than I look less fat in this pic then any other. So enjoy.
Here is said food that I was able to throw down and enjoy. Clockwise is fried catfish,a turkey leg at the party outside before the game, blackened louisiana alligator and gumbo. All were incredibly delicious
World famous Bourbon Street(lots of things I saw on that street that cannot be posted on this PG rated blog) It was good times walking up and down Bourbon before the game and saying “Go Utes” to all the Bama fans as they said “Roll Tide” back. Afterwards however, they were like whipped little puppies in our presence. Nothing better than walking around and high fiveing and screaming at all the U fans as if you knew them. It’s a certain bond you have when you see another individual wearing that Mighty Drum and Feather logo. Its like looking into the eyes of a saint. A Saint who also knows BYU sucks.
Pics at the superdome.
TIDE ROLLED!
This was without a doubt the most fantastic season in Utah history and beating Bama was my #1 sports moment of my life. This year was great for other reasons too. Other than the fact that we ARE the best team in the country, It is very simply because this was BYU's fantasy for itself this year. This is what they all hoped and expected for themselves. See all that quest for perfection nonsense. Utah on the other hand had no expectations, just took care of business, and let the good things happen. It has to kill all of them to see that. We have lived their dreams. Not only did the hottest girl who they have been pining after since 1st grade NOT go to the prom with them, but she is in a car in the parking lot with their arch enemy with the windows steamed up. They GOTTA be wondering what its like to be in that car. The fact that she singled them out for a kiss on the cheek back in kindergarden is cold consolation now. BOOM!
5 comments:
Nice post honey! Glad you got to go and experience your greatest sports moment ever!!! Love you! Oh yeah, and we missed you too :)
you are killing me! Your post is to funny and I hope everyone who reads this knows - how SERIOUS you truly feel about this.
Glad we got to hang out a bit down there! Thanks for the ride to the airport!
love you man!
what a fun trip, i kinda wish we went!! glad you had fun your pictures are great.
erin i hope you are having fun with your mom, and i cant wait to get back to the gym!!
I can't type this big enough, but AMEN... Oh and Nate is soo jealous that you were there. He was trying to be content here at home with his beanie on...
Jake, will you send me pictures so I can have Bird update our blog. Looks like a super fun trip. Glad you had a good time and Bird was glad to have someone eat good food with him since I am from the land of bland!!
Post a Comment