Sunday, January 11, 2009

Grandma Frandsen Comes for a Visit :)

My mom was toying with the idea of coming out for a visit to see us and thank goodness she decided to come. We had a nice relaxing time together (after 6 years of visits, you can only do so much, especially in the winter)!
So we hung out, chatted, shopped, ate and played in the snow.
Here's Lar Dog catching some air. He loves playing in the snow, but only for a short while. He's more of a "lounging in the sun" kind of dog.
And thank goodness my mom WAS here because I got sick the whole last half of her visit but she took great care of me with her amazing homemade remedies. Aren't mom's the best?
While Jake took Lyd's on a daddy/daughter date to a Utes b-ball game one night, mom and I went shopping once again. It's a totally different experience without kids.
It's our tradition that the night before mom leaves, we go out to dinner. So we chose the Cheesecake Factory this time.
Random pic: Larry trying to be cool...
Here's G-ma with her two Johnsen grandkids...
Lydia loved her G-ma so much this trip. She followed her around everywhere. I love that it only takes Lydia a tiny while to warm up to people (except for you Joey, sorry ;)
It's especially nice since my fam lives out of state. Those two had a great time together!


It was so much fun mama. Thanks for coming out to visit us. You are the best mom/Grandma a couple of gals could ask for. We'll see you in March!

P.S. For anyone in the family that I forgot to send this link to, here is the "Johnsen Family Christmas" video I made for this year!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6949115183243721048

4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

OH my gosh- serious - can LYd's look any happier with her grandma? Those pictures are so cute!
Glad you had a good time with your mama! Sorry you got sick though! Darn it, but nothing like having your mama there.

Yum Cheesecake Factory!

STill laughing that Lyd's does NOT like Joey! I think it is hilarious - he should stop staring!

melynda said...

joey is scary! i am glad you had such a good time with your mom. lydia is looking so big, and so beautiful. gosh you made a cute kid!!

Jessica said...

Cute Pictures! I just love your mom... I know she's an awesome Grandma because you guys are never far from her thoughts! Plus look how happy they are just sitting together =)Glad you had a great visit! I hear that you guys are ultimately having 10 kids? Better get going on that!

artsy ann said...

great pictures!