We had lots of fun last week...
First, an update on Lydia's big girl bed.
It's been a week now that we've been trying to get her to nap and sleep in her new bed and she just wasn't having it...at all! If Jake put her down, she was, for the most part ok. If I put her down, it was the end of the world. She screamed, she threw things, she hit things...it was terrible. But over the past week, she has slowly gotten over that (thank goodness)! Now when I put her down, she whines for about 2-3 minutes then she's ok, although she still falls asleep on the floor. In the picture below, she fell asleep on the floor after playing for 30 minutes. Notice the hold she has on her balloon, and even when Jake moved her to the bed she still wouldn't let it go. I thought it was the cutest thing!
On Wednesday, 7 of the 8 women in my cul de sac went out for a girls' night out. We went to dinner at the Olive Garden, with NO kids! It was so much fun just sitting down to dinner and talking with my neighbor's. We had a great time and decided we should do it more often!
My time: 27 minutes 41 seconds
Pace: 9 min 24 sec miles
Place: 116th out of 350 people
I finished 10th in my age group, which isn't bad. I just wish I could've done better! Melynda was one person away from getting a medal for 3rd in her age group!
I was lots of fun and I can't wait to start racing again next year. I ran 4 races this year and plan to do at least 6 next year. I LOVE it...I just hope my right knee makes it :) Thanks Melynda for inviting me!

After the race we walked around for a bit and looked at the ducks. Wheeler Farm is such a cute place!
Later that night I celebrated my weeks of running and training for the race with a big, fat cheeseburger and fries from "5 Guys" with my little family and our friends' the Watts! Love you guys.
Today was our stake conference and we were lucky enough to have Elder David A. Bednar speak to us. What an amazing speaker he is...I felt the spirit so strongly. Before we left for conference, I asked Lydia if she wanted to have her picture taken in her pretty dress, and to my surprise, she said yes.
She couldn't stop laughing and I LOVED it. This little girl cracks me up. I can't imagine how it'll be when she can actully speak well. I'm definately looking forward to it. Love you Lyd's!
4 comments:
yum 5 guys!
hey! we have the same blog theme songs! u've got great taste in music :) me and the kids are going to creep through a 5k this Saturday. i just want to make it thru, that's all. u impress me with all ur running! sounds like u had a great week! have another!
We have the same problem with jordan and his bed. I was so happy to read that she won't go to bed for you, because then it made me happier that he does that to me. He also wakes up during the night and gets up 1-2 hours earlier in the morning. I have put him in his crib a few times just to get more sleep. Good job on your running, I love Lydia's dress and smile so cute.
I wish we lived closer, I need a running buddy! I have no motivation right now because I have not signed up for any races. I've got to get going, and you are my motivation....that is a great time, but the real accomplishment is getting Lydia in a big girl bed!
Post a Comment