I am so excited for Lydia to open her Christmas present this year. I said in an earlier post that she loves driving, and I was looking for the classic red/yellow riding car but couldn't find it under $60. Well, thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law Ducka, I got one at K-mart for $35 on sale.
Lynette invited us to Discovery Center last week and what did Lyd's do practically the whole time we were there? She drove around in this car...
She's going to love it...I can't wait to see her face Christmas morning!
--------------------
Over the past 7 days, Jake and I have done Family Home Evening 3 times. Who says you can only to do it on Mondays? Anyway, our first one, we went with our friends' to the Joseph Smith movie at the JSMB and can I just say that every time I see it, I cry more each time. A very young, unlearned and simple farm boy with such faith and trust in the Lord. Throughout his whole adult life he was persecuted but his faith never wavered. As a mob broke into his home in the middle of the night, speaking profanities while dragging him from his bed to be tarred and feathered, still, his faith did not waver. On June 27th, 1844, Joseph Smith became a martyr for the great cause of restoring the gospel in its fullness to the earth again.“Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer of the Lord, has done more, save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it. In the short space of twenty years, he has brought forth the Book of Mormon, which he translated by the gift and power of God, and has been the means of publishing it on two continents; has sent the fullness of the everlasting gospel, which it contained, to the four quarters of the earth; has brought forth the revelations and commandments which compose this book of Doctrine and Covenants, and many other wise documents and instructions for the benefit of the children of men; gathered many thousands of the Latter-day Saints, founded a great city, and left a fame and name that cannot be slain. He lived great, and he died great in the eyes of God and his people; and like most of the Lord’s anointed in ancient times, has sealed his mission and his works with his own blood”
What an amazing man.
I am truely humbled by his life and only hope to be a tiny fraction of the kind of person that he was.
4 comments:
OH my goodness she looks so happy driving that car! Watch out for christmas morning adorable! So glad you guys came!
I love that joseph smith movie - I am glad I found a friend who cries as much as I do!
Love you!
I love your testimony of Joseph Smith!
That movie is amazing, awesome, tear jerking, etc.
Love it Love it!
xoxo
Wow Lydia is totally going to have so much fun on Christmas day. Love it.Thanks for sharing your testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith. He was truly an amazing man with a lot of faith and courage.
Nate is glad you went with the police car instead.. =) She looks so excited about it!
Post a Comment