Saturday, October 16, 2010

Our Trip to Kansas!!!

Our trip was so much fun this year. We love hanging out with my family, I just love them so much, so this trip was no exception!!!! The kids and I flew in on Sept. 29th and luckily the kids were perfect. My dvd player broke so I was worried, but Lydia played, drew pictured and was the perfect angel while Nate and I took a couple little naps. Nate was great. I was so relieved!

On Friday my mom and I went on a road trip with the kids up to Northern MO to visit the places that my grandparents and those before them grew up! It was so much fun; I love history, especially when it's so personal. We headed to Stanberry and Cameron.
This was the house my grandfather lived in for a few years and the house my great-grandparents lived in for many years. This is what it looked like back in the day. You can tell this is an old picture, especially by looking at the car!
Here it is today. We saw the couple out there working in the yard so we stopped and talked to them. They invited us in and we chatted for about an hour. It was so much fun! Lydia was pushed in the swing in the yard of her great great grandfather. I love that!

In the town square.

We then headed to Cameron where our ancestors, the Camerons were, they started this town. We're also related to the McCorkles...they married into our family!

We went to the cemetery where they are all buried and of course they got there own fenced in section of the cemetery since they were the ones that started this town.

They had the biggest monument too! It was so cool seeing their names and knowing they were related to me and lived so many years ago.

On Saturday we went to the Ren Fest. As always, we had a good time.
I love how they do everything without using batteries or electricity of any kind with the rides. You can see all the guys pushing in the middle to make the ride go.
Lydia insisted on being the king!
The Petting Zoo
Dancing Gypsies

Saturday night Levi and Cabot came over for a sleepover at Gma's house. They had so much fun playing together, watching movies and reading bedtime stories with Grandma Frandsen!
On Sunday we headed over to Auntie's and Uncle Bob's house for a bit. We just love them so much (nevermind the horrible lighting in this pic)!!
Auntie meeting Nate for the first time!
On Tuesday October 5th, Jake flew in to join us on the vacation. We headed to the plaza for dinner at Blanc Burger, then walked around for a bit after!
Happy Birthday Jake!!! We love you!
Thursday we headed to Great Gma and GG's house to visit! GG loved how big Nate was. He kept saying what a big boy he was and squeezing his belly! It was so cute!
We went to lunch with my cousin Melissa at the Legends. It was so fun catching up with her and having her son Davin play with Lydia for a couple of hours. They hit it off right away and laughed their whole way through their time together!!!

They made tons of wishes (one of Lyd's wishes to be a princess, so precious)!
We walked around the legends and of course had to get a picture with the dinosaurs!
Love you Melissa. It was so fun seeing you again! Thanks for meeting up with us!
That night, we headed to Auntie's and U Bob's house again for dinner. Lydia had enjoyed playing with Mattie an Mac, the Bird and feeding the fish in their fish pond!


On Friday we headed to the zoo to see the new polar bear and let me tell you, that was the funniest, most active bear I've ever seen. He was quite the showoff basically doing back flips of the glass over and over again. It was awesome! I wish I had taken video of it!

Auntie Beckie and Uncle Bob
Watching the seal show
Lyd's
Levi
Cabot

After freshening up after a hot day at the zoo, we headed to Loose park to take some family pictures since we've added 2 new members to the family! I figured that David could just bring his tripod and do the pictures himself since he loves that kind of stuff and is getting quite good in his studying of photography!
Here's mama with all of her grand kids!




The whole gang!


This one's my favorite! Too bad Nate isn't looking!
Here are some pics Jake and I took in between our locations. Love this little fella!


AFterward we went back to David and Nora's house for dinner and S'mores!
On Saturday, October 9th while I was hanging out with family and celebrating Lydia's birthday, Jake and David headed up north to Iowa for a Utah game against the Iowa State Cyclones.
But before all of that, Nate got sick for the first time in his little life with the most horrible cough I have ever heard from a newborn little babe. So after 2 days of no improvement we had to take him to instacare just in case he had an ear infection or any of it traveled into his chest! Thank goodness he checked out with just a cold. It was so funny though...after the doctor got done shoving the stick down his throat and gagging Nate, he looked up at the doctor and gave the biggest smile ever! He didn't care that he was just assaulted with a wooden stick! What a good little baby not crying once with all the poking the dr was doing...and he was so sick on top of it! I love him so much and I love that he's a part of our family!
Ok, back to the rest of our day. After a 3 1/2 drive to Iowa, Jake and David made it to the game and enjoyed watching the Utes kill Iowa St.
Every month, my family gets together to celebrate the people who had b-day's that month so we combined Sept and Oct birthdays, ate pizza and opened presents!
Here's Lydia with her cousins before blowing out her candles!
My cousins Steven and Maria with Nate.
Everyone seriously spoiled Lydia. She got so many fun things. On our way out to KS, we had 2 checked baggage and 2 carry-ons...on our way home we had 4 checked and 4 carry-ons. That's a lot of presents right there!!! Thanks everyone! We love you!
Lydia is really into barbies lately which makes me really happy since they were my favorite thing to play with when I was a kid! So when we were at my Grandma's house, I got all of my old barbies that were in storage to give to Lydia. What a difference a decade or two makes. You can totally tell this is an 80's Barbie!
I love that my mom saved a bunch of my things so I can pass them on to my children!
On Sunday, Mom and I took the kids and went to David and Nora's ward because David was singing in Sacrament meeting in a quartet! Awesome! Never thought I'd see that happen! Nice job brother!
On Monday, we made one last trip to see the grandparents before we flew home.

Lydia wanted to swing for a bit before we left and Great Gma and Lydia found the biggest leaf ever so Lydia wanted to get a picture with it!

Thank you everyone for making this such a fun trip! I always love visiting my family. I enjoy every moment since it only happens once a year (twice if I'm lucky)! I love you all!!!!!! Until next time...

6 comments:

Bel said...

Yay!! So glad to see your trip! You spent such an amazing time catching up with family and doing fun things for the kids. I bet those days were priceless since you only get to go once a year and plus this was Nate's first time, LOVE IT! I missed you but I am so happy for you and I bet your mom was on cloud nine having all her grandkids there :) Loved all the pictures and little Nate is getting so big, such adorable little face. Can't wait to hang out soon, love you!! Hope Lyds had such a wonderful Birthday today, 4 years old such a big girl!

Emilee said...

Glad to see you are back. I missed reading your blog:) Im glad you had such a good time. Now you guys need to make a trip down our way. Lets plan something soon. We miss you guys!

Heather Jones said...

It looks like you had a great trip. I am glad the kiddo's were good it makes it so much easier. So sad nate got sick I hate when babies this young cough. Hope he is doing better. Hope all the birthday people had a great time. Your pictures are darling. I also love ldia's on her invite. So great you can't even see her scraped up chin. Glad you got home safe!

melynda said...

what a fun trip, glad you had a good time (like you wouldnt!!) and glad you made it safely. i love the family pictures, they are beautiful.
happy birthday jake and lydia!

Margo said...

What a beautiful trip!! Glad you had a great time with your family. I love your family picture too...You have such a beautiful family. Looks like Lydia had a great time. Love her princess wish so cute!! Your Barbie is pretty cool!! I think Barbie is fun and Hinarei still loves playing with her barbie!! Glad you made it home safely! Looks like Lydia had a great birthday and so Jake!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

What a good family trip you had@! Good time!
Oh no Lyd's likes barbies! She is all girl!
Looks like you guys did a lot and had some fun memories made!