Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lydia's 4th Birthday Bash!

Lydia's Birthday Invite!
Lydia has been waiting a long time to have her own birthday party and invite all her friends! On October 22nd, Lydia finally got her party! She invited 12 friends and 10 of them were able to come! I've always loved Halloween parties and dressing up for them so what better time to have a costume party than at a 4 year olds birthday party!
We thought of a Witch's Brew and martini glasses filled with that brew (the dry ice melted super fast so that was kind of a bust)!
THE FOOD
Even though I was a tad stressed, all the food was so much fun to make. I love a themed party!
I LOVED making the cupcakes! That was my favorite part!
Tombstone Cupcake
Mummy Cupcake
Spider Cupcake
Lydia's Spider Cake
Pukin' Pumpkin Dip
Mummy Dogs
Spider Eggs
Pumpkin Veggie Dip
Thanks Lynette for all the pictures! Somehow you always end up being the party photographer so thank you for doing that for me! We set up a little photo booth to take pictures in and I think they turned out so cute. Here are all of Lydia's little friends!

Here's Princess Lydia with her family!
(Larry was a football but he's too crazy
to be around all the guests)
Hailey and her family
Madelyn and her family
Brock and his family
Lizzy and her family
Lincoln and his family
Brielle and her family
Jordan and his family
Ada and her family
Ben and his family
Rod and Sue (grandparents)
Hinarei and Margo
The Activities
Pumpkin Egg Hunt

I got some Halloween colored pumpkin eggs, put Halloween stickers on them and hid them in the yard. The kids had fun looking for them and getting the treats and toys inside!

Decorate a Pumpkin
I got some different foam face stickers online for the kids to decorate.
Lydia's Witch's Brew stained face ready to put the face on her pumpkin!
Singing Happy Birthday!

Opening presents!

She LOVES all her presents. Thank you all so much for all the toys! Lydia has had so much fun playing with all of them. Lydia's friend Brock got her a cake making play doe set and she played with it forever on Saturday morning!
Here is her finished pumpkin face that she wanted her picture taken with!
Lydia LOVES balloons and she wanted to go run around around in the rain holding them! I said yes but she only lasted a few minutes due to the cold weather!




Thank you so much to all my friends who helped set up and take down the party decorations and food! It helped so much; it's so nice to have such great friends!

Happy Birthday Lydia! I'm so glad you finally got your big birthday party and was able to share it with all of your friends! We love you Lyd's! You are such a sweet, little girl and we are so happy to call you our girl!!!!

11 comments:

Bel said...

The party was so fun and I too LOVED the cupcakes, way cute and way to go!! You did a great job putting it together and Brielle had an awesome time. I am so glad our girls are such good friends, they are adorable together. My only concern is who is that weirdo in the picture with Brielle and Mathias, boy is he an ugly dude, haha!!! Thanks for the invite, its always a pleasure spending time with you guys :)

Bel said...

PS I took the picture of Joe Dirt, Brielle and Mathias, hope you don't mind.

Joey and Nettifer said...

Your party was a hit! Way to go on Lyd's 1st big birthday bash and it was a big hit! Thanks for the invite and no problem on taking all the pictures!I love taking pictures!

Bellblogging said...

So cute! That must have taken forever to plan and pull off! Everything looked amazing, great ideas!

melynda said...

Happy Birthday Lydia!!

We had so much fun, thanks. You guys did an amazing job. Its always stressful, but way worth it.

Heather Jones said...

Everything was so fun and looked so cute! Thanks for the invite we had so much fun. Happy birthday Lydia!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, it looked like everyone had so much fun especially Lydia. She just has the cutest smile. I adore the cupcakes you made. You are such a great Mom! Lydia and Nate are lucky to have you! Hugs!

Stephanie M.

Veronica said...

My kids had a blast! Ethan was apprehensive to stay, but he ended up not wanting to leave. Sorry I had to drop the kids off and jet...Devin was an unhappy and sick guy that night. He in turn passed it on to the rest of us :( Happy birthday Lydia!

Margo said...

It was such a great birthday party!! You did an amazing job Erin and Lydia couldn't be more prettier with her princess outfit...Love the cupcakes, the decorations and Halloween feel you definitely know how to throw a party!! Thanks for the invite, Hinarei had a blast!!

Emilee said...

Looks like your party turned out great! I hope Lyds loved it. You are a great MAMA! We still need to get together before our little baby comes. Tell Lyds Happy Birthday!

Delibette said...

Wow! Way to much fun! Lydia is such a beautiful little girl and she has a wonderful mommy.