Sunday, October 31, 2010

HaLlOwEeN wEeK!

When we got Lydia's pictures taken for her b-day invites I just couldn't decide on which one because she just looked so dang cute in all of them! But these were a few of my favorites!
She of course wanted to be a princess so we thought we'd make it a bit more special since it was her birthday so we got her her own special dress and we called her "Princess Lydia"!!! She loved it! And that tiara...so adorable!!!!

Last Wednesday we did our annual pumpkin carving and Lydia got to draw, for the first time, her own pumpkin face! She felt like such a big girl.
Here are the finished products. We bought Nate his own tiny pumpkin but we didn't carve it! I'm sure you can guess who made which one! Lydia's turned out so cute and I love my little ghosts! And I know, it's so shocking that Jake did another sports themed one!
On Thursday night my sweet friend Margo put together a girls' night out to go see Thriller. Our friend Beth is an AMAZING dancer who does this show every year so we thought it would be fun to go and see her to support her and watch her show off her dancing skills!
Here we are with a dead lady waiting in line at will call before the show started.
Beth was sweet enough to invite us backstage after the show. We got to see and meet a few of the cast members. It was so much fun! Seriously, Beth is so talented and the show is so much better when you know someone up on stage. Since I was always too shy to dance in front of people, I never got to do what I love so now I have someone to live vicariously through. :) Nice job Beth!!! You are incredible!
On Friday we were invited to a Halloween couples bunco night at the Fox's. It was such a blast...I'm surprised I'm not deaf from all the screaming and yelling from that night. It was so dang loud! Tables were overturned; picture frames were broken; wow, who knew bunco could be that exciting...and destructive! I guess that's what you get when you put a bunch of loud, competitive guys in one room.
Jake and I couldn't agree on a couples costume so we were forced to do our own thing. I'm a fairy and Jake is a Huge BYU Nerd!
Although I loved these eyelashes, I couldn't wait to take them off at the end of the night! I loved the little diamonds on the end!
Here's Jake's SEXY close up!!! Sorry ladies...unfortunately for you, this man is TAKEN!!!
Here are the hosts, Angie and Skee.
Kristy and Kyle
Anabel and Joe
Anabel and I both dressed up in our daughters tutus and fairy wings...I know, we're not very creative but I refused to be a bottle of beer like Jake wanted me to!
And the winners for the best costume....Richard Simmons and his 80's work out chick! Hilarious and well deserved win for sure!!!
And finally, Halloween night arrived! We headed over to the Watt's house for a yummy dinner, took pictures, then headed out for candy!! Too bad it rained the whole time!!!! It wasn't too cold, just very wet and windy! Here are my little babies Eric Weddle and Princess Lydia!

Here's the whole gang before we headed out in the rain!!!
I didn't take any pictures after that since it was so wet outside but we didn't last too long in the rain anyway. When we told the kids we were going home, they didn't seem to mind too much! Needless to say, we didn't get much candy this year but I guess this will be one Halloween we'll never forget! I hate it when the weather doesn't go your way!!!
Happy Halloween!!!!

6 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

what a fun filled halloween week you had for sure! Love it!
Glad you like the pictures I took of Lyd's! TO bad we get any of baby Nate! Oh well
Look at all those kids on the couch!
Lyd's was sure a rock star this year about trick or treating!
Good times!

Bel said...

Lyds looks adorable in her birthday pictures, she is such a doll! It was awesome we got to hangout so much during the Halloween week. We love our Johnsen's, hehe! The weather sucked but the girls didn't seem to mind so I am glad they had fun. The Bunco party was so funny, the guys were too crazy, good times :) And Thriller was amazing, loved that Beth let us come backstage. Your pumpkin carving was awesome, way to Lyds on drawing the face it turned out super cute! I have decided we are carving next year, we have never done it and its about time to start, lol! Love you!

foxie4 said...

We had a blast, thanks for coming. Love all the costumes and glad jake was able to venture out on his costume!!

Heather Jones said...

What a fun week you had! I love Lydia's pictures they are all so cute she really is so beautiful. I am still so sad we missed bonco you guys all look so great! Thriller was so awesome Huh we should have all gone the same night maybe next year!

Draper's said...

Lydia looks so gorgeous in her princess pictures. She is so cute!! I love your costume for Bunco. Cute Cute family picture on Halloween!!

melynda said...

ok, the birthday pictures are so beautiful. her blond hair and blue eyes are to die for.

you had an awesome halloween week. glad we got to trick or treat with you. i was pissed the weather sucked. oh well, it cant be nice every year!!