Sunday, February 28, 2010

While Daddy's Away...and 24 Weeks Pregnant!

This weekend Jake went on a Guys Golfing Trip with his brothers to St. George so Lydia and I decided to try and have some fun of our own. On Friday afternoon, I took her to Thanksgiving Point to the Dinosaur Museum since we haven't been in a really long time. I thought it would be fun for Lydia but as soon as we walked through the doors and into the darker areas of the museum Lydia immediately started crying and said she wanted to leave because it was too dark and scary.

Lately, she's been having issues with the dark...she wakes up in the middle of the night screaming because she's scared, she has to have a night light EVERY night, she must sleep with her door open and sometimes she won't go downstairs or up without me if it's nighttime. I hear it's normal but it just breaks my heart when she's clutching her bunny in the middle of the night screaming because she's scared of monsters in the dark. How in the heck did she even learn about monsters? Well, we'll work on it!!!

I tried to disctract Lydia at every dark spot in the museum (I really didn't realize how dark that place actually is in most spots)! So we walked REALLY fast through the dark spots and focused on the activites rather than the dinosaurs and all the scary dino noises she could hear! She drew herself a pretty picture then immediately said, "ok, let's go home now" when she was done! I talked her out of leaving and we moved on to the next activity.

She played in the sand and water and was obsessed with this headless dino she found. We spent most of our time there...very unscary part of the museum :)
Then we headed to the sand area to look for bones...gotta love the cute little crack!
She spent her whole time in here being the "brush monitor". She just walked around trying to find all the brushes she could to put them away. I thought it was cute since she's not tidy AT ALL at home. She just stood and would basically stalk people until they laid their brush down, then she would immediately take them and put them away. And it was heaven on earth when she would go into the other sand pit and find like 10 all at the same time to put away :)

We were at the museum for about 2 hours so I think it was a success. I need to help her fight this fear. I just hope it doesn't last very long. It's breaking my heart!
Then Friday night I thought it would be fun to have a sleepover in the livingroom. I love how just being with me is good enough...that she doesn't need friends yet to make her happy!

Here's the set up. I made a huge bed for us, we ate popcorn and watched "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs".
I was SUPER uncomfortable sleeping on the floor at 24 weeks pregnant but we ended up sleeping there the whole night (I was planning on taking her to her room after she fell asleep but I couldn't knowing how happy she was to have an all night sleepover with me)....so happy!!!!
Well, I've made it to 24 weeks. I had my 24 week appt with Dr Brown and everything is looking great! I've officially gained 30 pounds so far and I still have 16 weeks left. YIKES! It was the same way with Lydia as well. I gained 55 by the end so we shall see if this pregnancy weight surpasses the other.

This little guy is moving SOOOO much. He's already making me jump due to him kicking me so hard. I can already see my stomach move when he moves and that just didn't happen with Lyd's until I was in my 30's in weeks. The Dr said the placenta is behind him so he's literally right behind my skin and that's why I can feel him so well. But looking at the histories, she said the placenta with Lydia was behind as well. We may have a sports nut on our hands. Yes, I'm still huge and hoping I didn't gain 10 pounds this month like I did the last month.
I'm finally out of my sickness. Now I only get nauseated when I brush my teeth at night. I still get headache's a few times a week but they're managable. I'm loving this pregnancy (even though it's been awful) and I can't wait to meet this little fella. I've already gotten out the crib for Jake to put together. I just can't wait to have his room all done and have this little Ute in our lives!

Love you little guy!!!!

3 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Whata fun girls weekend! Love it and sorry about Lyd's getting so scared. I hated that phase - it is so sad. Their imagination gets the best of them. We had to stop letting Madelyn watch ANY kind of show for awhile because anything would set it off. I am so sorry!

You are looking so cute and Prego! Love it and I want to feel the little guy move!

Love Lyd's bum crack! Hilarious! She might kill you for that picture later!

Bel said...

Such a fun time at the museum, sorry Lyds is scared of the dark. Bri has always sleep with a night light so she is not scared of the dark but yet again she does not know what the dark is then, hehe! You look beautiful with your pregnant belly. You have been going to A LOT and you have the right to break down once in a while, you are very strong and hang in in there much better than I would be. I am here if you need to talk, you don't burden me ;)

Anonymous said...

DAMN!sweet ass girly, love to finish pulling those jeans down then bum f-c- her and watch my come drip from her