I normally don't post things that are too personal on this blog since I'm not private but I just wanted to write down this experience so I wouldn't forget, so just skip on over this post if you want...
Well, the world finally got too heavy for these old shoulders of mine. I thought I could handle all the stuff that I'm going through right now all on my own but boy was I dead wrong. I just hate burdening people with my problems so I try to deal with all of it on my own and that 's what I've been doing these past few weeks.
So since last Thursday, being pregnant and trying not to stress the baby, visiting my dad on a daily basis to support him through his cancer, taking care of and supporting my grandparents so they don't go completely crazy and now dealing with my own little cancer just got to be too much for me and I lost it...and of course who gets it? My husband!
But being the amazing man that he is, he immediately asked me if I wanted a blessing. Well, I never thought about that. Of course, that's exactly what I needed. I thought going to the temple was enough to keep me calm but it wasn't.
I know for a fact that that blessing was from the Lord and not just comforting words from Jake. In the blessing Jake said that I can't recieve help unless I go the Lord in prayer every day and ask. In the blessing, Jake mentioned this multiple times. And Jake had no way of knowing that I actually haven't been praying for help...not even once did I go the Lord in Prayer FOR ME! I was always too concerned about everyone else that I forgot about my own sanity.
There were a few other things that Jake said that hit home for me and I am so grateful for that blessing. I'm so glad that my husband knows me and knows exactly what I need, even when I don't. I'm grateful for a worthy husband, who was in tune with the spirit and able to give his wife the perfect blessing.
I know what I need to do now and even though it seems like such a simple solution, sometimes all we need is that one little reminder to tell us to get down on our knees and pray.
I'm a quote gal and this one is anonymous and simple, but its words are so true:
"It's hard to stumble when you're on your knees."
2 comments:
Amen! Love the pristhood!
Erin, you and I are so similar! I am the same way when I have problems where I don't want to burden anybody else. I'm glad Jake was able to see through you a bit and help you out. Seriously let me know if I can ever help in any way, I'd love to do anything for you! Good luck with all of these many events/tasks you've got going on...and remember to take a breather! :)
Post a Comment