We had a fun weekend. I was WAY too lazy to make Valentine's for all of Lydia's little friends like we normally do but we had to make something to keep our tradition going so we made Conversation Heart Valentine's Wreaths for her grandparent's. I told Lydia to smile for the picture and she just had to be silly!

For Valentine's Jake had the idea to go to a Utah basketball game...shocker, I know! But the real shocker is that I thought it would be a fun idea so we went to an early dinner at Happy Sumo (I've been craving some yummy sushi, the pregnancy friendly kind of course). Then we went on to the game, which was a really exciting one. It went into overtime, but we ended up losing.

So this year we decided not to get eachother anything. We thought just spending time together and going out as a family would be our gift to one another. Well, I kept my end of the deal...and of course, like always, Jake didn't. We had a knock on the door so I looked out the window and saw a Lowe's truck delivering something. Jake got me a brand new washer and dryer.
So pretty...but Jake HAD to get the red ones. They actually had glacier blue but Jake paid $60 extra to get the red ones. He's crazy. He just couldn't have blue in his house. He's a little on the extreme side if you ask me!

Every time we make this pact to not get each other anything he always ends up not paying attention that conversation. For our anniversary last year we decided that our BBQ of the Century would be our gift to eachother so what happened? Jake got me a brand new laptop and a really nice cannon camera. Oh and what did I get him, you ask? Utah Utes flip flops. Oh yeah, I'm awesome! So thank you honey for this awesome gift. You always surprise me and I love you for that! Even if it makes me look a fool! :)
So on a final note...some kinda bad news! I just found out I have SKIN CANCER!!! Ahhh!! I knew it was bound to happen at some point in my life, but not so early at age 30! I've decided 30 sucks and I want to be in my 20's again. Darn this red hair and fair skin!!!!
But knowledge is definitely power and luckily I worked for a Dermatologist for two years so I know all about skin cancer. I noticed this spot on my arm a few months ago and looking at it every day, I noticed it wasn't getting any better so I thought it might be a Basal Cell Carcinoma and today, the dr confirmed that I was right. BCC is the most common type of cancer in the world and my co workers would always tease me telling me that I would have hundreds of BCC's before I died. Well, let the counting begin :) Now I have a 40% chance of getting skin cancer again. I'm prepared for it!
A lot of people think to just look for moles but that's not always what skin cancer looks like. Mine looked like a healing scab that I had for about 3 months that just wouldn't go away. So if you've spent a lot of time in the sun or if you're fair skinned....then PLEASE see a dermatologist. Unfortunately I spend many hours in the tanning bed when I was younger and didn't know any better so I'm paying for it now.
People say that a little sun exposure is fine, which may be true but I think I'll get my Vitamin D from somewhere else, thank you! There's a reason that someone invtented spray tans. I love them and will continue spending my tanning hours there instead of killling myself in the sun and tanning beds. I was young and stupid and will never set foot in a tanning bed again!!!! Sunblock is our friend so please be careful!!!
10 comments:
Congrats on the new washer and dryer!! They look amazing. I LOVE our front load washer like another child!!
How extensive is the treatment for your skin cancer? Is it easily removed in office, or does it require a surgery, skin graft, etc?
Todd was so mad we did not go to that game. we did watch the second half after dinner. Love the red washer and dryer that will be our next big pruchase maybe not red though hehe!! what a great hubby to always surprise you!! I am soo sorry about the skin cancer. Good thing you knew what to look for I hope it is easy to take care of!
Cancer! You were right! I feel alittle hurt that I had to read about it on your blog! I hope you are ok!
Love your washer and dryer! Man I am jealous! I would have got the red also. It just looks cool! That Jacob sure knows how to spoil you rotten!
Lyd's looks adorable with that cute Vday wreath! What a good idea!
Dang that is a very nice gift, you want to know what I got J and he got me?? Nothing, haha! We are too cheap to give gifts for any occassion, I guess we figure when we travel we make up for it ;) What a great hubby!!
WOW I cannot believe you were right about the little scab on your arm! When I saw it I didn't think it would be but I am glad you are on top of things and got it checked out. AMEN sister to all the things you said about sun exposure I could not agree more, people take it too lightly and its very dangerous. That's why even when I go to a beach resort for a week vacation I look for the shade, pack on the sunblock and don't get tan, funny how when I get back people are a little disappointed I don't have a tan to show for. Nope, not me!!
Loooove your new washer and dryer and I loooooove the color Jake knows how to surprise you and he has great taste!!!!
I am so sorry to hear about your skin cancer!!! I'm glad you knew ahead of time and saw a doctor early on. Wow!! Thanks for the advice I have spent many hours and days on the Sun growing up especially in Tahiti maybe I should go see a dermatologist. Who do you see?
Love Lydia's picture with the V's wreath. She is so cute!!
Oh, Erin I am so sad to hear about your cancer. If you ever need anything let me know. On the plus side I love the washer and dryer and Lydia's wreath is darling and I love her heart dress.
Ha! I knew it! I'm a genius! Why didn't you name me as the co-worker??? Soon you will be Sidonia Featherstone!! Uhhhhhh, uhhhhhhhh......
That sucks about your skin cancer. I got it on my forehead (at the hairline) when I was 16 and had to have it removed by a plastic surgeon. Hopefully they can just remove it and it'll be done with. I was told that I have a greater chance of getting it again since I've already had it. Great! Yes, the red hair/fair skin thing definitely has its drawbacks. I try to avoid the sun too. It's just not worth it! Good luck with everything!
Of course I'm just joking around (for old times sake). A few stiches and you will as good as new. By the way, your little one is very cute! :)
- Jeff
sorry to hear that you were right about the skin cancer. i've sent jake a message telling him to google BCC because i swear he has it. he's had a little scab on his forehead, sometimes more noticeable than others, and i kid you not it has been there for atleast 2 years. he is horrible about wearing sunblock (what i mean by that is that he never wears it) and he has burned so many times it's not even funny. i get really mad at him and i don't think he takes me seriously, so thank you for your post. maybe it will at least get him to go see a dr just to make sure either way.
Post a Comment