Sunday, January 16, 2011

Nate Turns 7 Months & Mommy/Daughter Date!

Seven months old....I can't believe it! Turning one is just right around the corner. It's gone by WAY faster with kid #2 for sure! It's kind of sad, yet I don't terribly love the infant stage so it's kind of nice that he's growing up! I know I'll miss it when it's gone but I love the interaction, talking and playing around outside WAY more than the sleepless nights, poopy diapers and two naps a day!

Here's my baby boy at SEVEN MONTHS!
This smile is just the most precious thing! We love this little fella so much! And those dimples...so adorable!
Everyone keeps telling me how much he looks like Lydia now! It's true! He no longer has the red hair, he's blonde! He has the blue eyes, the same smile and same voice! Genetics really are an amazing thing!
He still does the "I've got a plan" thing with his hands; not as much as he used to, but he still does it! Cute boy!
On Saturday, January 8th, he finally started making actual word sounds...you know, the ones that sound human. He normally just yells and does that razzing thing with his lips but on Saturday he made the "Dah, dah, dah" sound. Yay! He does this all the time now and I love it. This was the first thing that Lydia did and it's funny because their voices sound exactly alike. Totally de ja vu!

I FINALLY got him to start eating solids. It was just a matter of finding what he liked. For some reason I started him with oatmeal cereal (I started Lyd on rice cereal) and he hated it. So after months of trying oatmeal and different fruits and veggies, I finally tried the rice and what do you know? He loved it! He can't get enough of the bland stuff!

I can't get enough of that cute, smiley face!!! He is such a happy baby and will smile at anyone, anytime! He's so good natured.
Every time he eats now, it totally reminds me of the movie "A Christmas Story". I have to keep the bowl and spoon right below his mouth and just shovel it in as fast as I can until the whole bowl is empty. All we're missing is the snorting sound that Randy makes. Instead of the snorting, all Nate does is the razzing with his lips and food goes flying EVERYWHERE!

It gets so messy! As you can see in the pics, when he razzes it hits the bowl and bounces back on to his face and head. I even found some food on the back of his head once. I can't complain too much though because 1. It's pretty funny and just too ridiculous to get mad at and 2. He's finally eating solids which is what I've wanted!
This is still his favorite toy! He lays here every morning when he wakes up. He's getting closer to crawling. He lifts his arms to the straight position. He only needs to get his knees up under himself and he's set!

Thanks to my SIL, Nate gets to sit in this Bumbo and he loves it! He's at that stage where he can't quite sit yet, but he hates laying down because he can't see as much! So this thing has saved us! Here he is watching TV with daddy (some sporting event I'm sure)!

We love you Nate! You are such a happy baby! I wouldn't change a thing...well, except I DO wish you would start sleeping through the night already (still get's up twice)!!!
I was trying to think of something to do that Lydia hasn't experienced yet but by the time we got around to getting out of the house it was almost time for Nate to go to bed so Daddy stayed home and Lydia and I went out on a mommy/daughter date to Kangaroo Zoo for some Black Light Mini Golfing.
She actually loved it; so much so that we did the course three times in a row (we were the only ones there). If you've done this course you know that it sucks! It's actually the worst mini golf course I've ever seen but Lydia had fun and that's all that mattered!

One of her favorite things was the fact that her shoe laces glowed in the dark!
Even though the course was super easy, it was Lydia's first time so it was a challenge. But what do you know, on one of the holes, she got a hole in one! Good job Lyd's! She was so happy that she did it!
Thanks Lyd's for hanging out with me! I had a lot of fun! You are such a joy to be around and I love that you are in the stage of asking questions. I love the funny things you think up to ask!

7 comments:

Draper's said...

Oh my goodness!! I was so far behind on your blog. I love all of your recent new posts. The one about your dad made me cry. Lyd's always makes me smile. I LOVE her!!! Nate's eyes are so amazing. Your mother daughter date looked fun. You are an incredible mom!!

The Johnson Family said...

I'm so glad that Lauren and Nate are so close in age. We will definitely have to have some play dates when they are older. I love that you did a Mommy/Daughter date with Lydia. I'm so excited to do that with my little princess, too!

foxie4 said...

What a cute little boy (and Beautiful Daughter) I love when they are covered in food!! Glad Jake is teaching him young to watch TV. Love it!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Nate dog is adorable and that smile just melts your heart! Those dimples you could just kiss and kiss! Love how happy he is.
How fun for date night with Lyd's that place looks like fun and I am with lyd's I like the shoe laces.

Bel said...

Oh I love the pictures of Nate eating, so adorable all covered in food!! So glad you got to go on a date with Lyds. I took Brielle shopping and we played dress up in the dressing room as our date last time, haha! Yeah not very traditional but it was a blast spending time together. Can't believe Nate is 7 months old! Oh and his smile is truly beautiful its so perfect, love it! I am so excited to go see Mickey, the girls will have a blast!! Love you!

Heather Jones said...

LOve his happy little face he has the cutest smile and blue eyes! Time goes way to fast!! So cute of you to take her golfing my kids keep asking to golf there,maybe one day!

Emilee said...

Such cute kids! I cant believe how big Nate is, its crazy how time flies. I love that boys smile! Cant wait to see you guys.