My sweet friend Melynda ran it with me. Thanks Melynda for sticking with me for as long as you could! I am still so dang slow that she ended up smoking me! But it was so much fun! I just adore running and I'm so glad I finally figured out how to beat my knee problems!! Woo Hoo!!! I beat my average pace but I didn't beat my time, dang it!
Distance: 3.2 miles (a hiar longer than 3.1 :)
My Time: 30 Min 54 Sec (I wanted under 30 min)
Average Pace: 9 min 54 Sec (I got under 10 min miles)
I think I came in 12th place overall and Mel came in 7th! Some of the mom's with jogging strollers cheated because it seriously was a challenge with those hills. So much fun though!!
While I was running the race, Jake had already been up 5 1/2 hours standing on the cement hoping to catch a glimpse of himself on national television! He went with a few of his buddies to ESPN's Gameday. They had a blast. Here are the two signs that Jake had made for Gameday!
Even though we are going through such a rough time right now, I do realize how lucky I am to have such wonderful family, great friends and knowledge of Christ and all that He did for me. He has experienced every pain that I am going through right now and I'm grateful to know that I can turn to the Lord any time and He knows EXACTLY what I'm going through! This is what we came up with for our first three thankful's:
Jake: Family, Faith and Football
Erin: Eternal Families, Great Friends and Jesus Christ
Lydia: Heavenly Father, Jesus and Larry
I love Lydia and all the things she comes up with on her own. I am one blessed lady and it's the perfect time of year to be reminded of that!
6 comments:
Erin you post about your father made me cry. I am so sorry! Let me know if you need anything. I love the Thankful tree. So cute!!
Way to go girl for the 5k even thought those hills killed you!! YOu are awesome!! Sorry for Jake but those signs are awesome!! We looooove our thankful tree too. Anabel did an amazing job!! I am so sorry for your Dad and I pray that you may find comfort in this very difficult time.
Good job on your run! Way to be under 10 mins!
Still laughing at Jake' sign - seriously so flippin funny! To bad they lost. I agree the game was so loud! It was so awesome to be there even though they lost!
I am thankful for you!
Love you!
Man, Jake cracks me up on how dedicated he is! I'm impressed at your running skills too. I want to know your secret with your knee problems! I have struggles with mine.
Way to go on your run, look at you go, I wish I could borrow your running gene once in a while, hehe! Those signs are awesome, too bad they game went the way it did. You are so welcome on the tree, I was not expecting people to fight for them, it was a little crazy. I am glad you got one in the end and that you came to support me. Can't wait to see what it looks like at the end :) I am here ALWAYS so if you need someone to talk too or cry I am your girl, hehe! Love you!!
I am so sorry about your dad! what sweet parents to always be with him. You are right we always need our parents no matter the age. Good job on your run that is so awesome one day in my next life I will run. Our hubby are crazy. Is your's doing o.k. It was kind of nice todd did not even want tp watch any ute stuff sunday night. He always does it was nice i actually got to be with him and no football. Maybe they should loose more! Love the tree I need that ours is just a thankful poster with leaves glued on, Not as cute.
Post a Comment