11: Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection-Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life.
12: And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are recieved into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow.
Luckily, I have an amazing husband who knows the scriptures well and found these verses for me. I LOVE verse 12. As some of you may know, my dad passed away last night, November 15th, just before midnight ending his battle with cancer. Although I am completely saddened by his passing, I could not be more grateful for the knowledge I have of life after death. To imagine my father in no more pain and in a complete state of rest and peace brings so much joy and peace to my mind. My father struggled with tongue cancer for over 2 years, in constant pain, fighting to recover and beat this horrible disease.
What a wonderful time, knowing my father is happy, with no more worries or sorrow. What a joyous reunion I'm sure he had with his baby brother last night as he passed through the veil.
I will miss my dad greatly, but I know I will see him again one day! Until then, I will live with the memories I have of my father and cherish them always!
I love you Papi!
Enjoy your paradise!
9 comments:
Oh Erin what a beautiful post. Your Father is truly now in a better place and what a great comfort that is to know that you will see him again. Love you girl!
Your words are so true and so beautiful. Yes your dad is finally talking, walking and doing everything you had imagined him doing that day at the Temple. He is resting from his trials and he is happy to be with his brother. Its a sad departure but a joyous reunion. XOXO!!
You are so strong! Love yoU!
You have been so amazing through this whole journey! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Erin, I continue to be in awe over your beautiful posts to your father. Through thick and thin there is nothing like the bond between father and daughter. I'm sure you were such a light in his life. What a blessing he got to call YOU daughter! So sorry for the sorrow that comes with loss. I adore you and hope the coming weeks will ease the tears of sadness as you continue to celebrate his life and the past few years.
I wanted to share with you one of my favorites Enos 1:27. It gives me great peace. I pray you continue to feel the peace and love that only our Savior can give at times like this!
totally bawling, you have such a way with words. those verses are so awesome. we are so blessed to have the scriptures to comfort us. i love you and i am glad you are doing well. let me know if you need anything.
Erin, you are incredible. What an amazing blessing our Savior has given us. I'm sorry that your father passed, but what a great feeling knowing that he is at peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please let me know if you need anything. I'm more than happy to help.
I think you said it best Erin with your own words. We are so blessed to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. That we KNOW we will see our loved ones that have passed on before us. If you need anything let me know. I just feel bad I am just reading this now. Love you girl!
Post a Comment