"Friends are angels
who lift us to our feet
when our wings have trouble
remembering how to fly"
That statement could not have been more true yesterday when I needed some uplifting.
I recieved a phone call from my aunt yesterday saying that "today was probably the day that my dad would pass". His blood oxygen levels were really low and his body was shutting down rapidly. Jake was out of town, but luckily I was with friends when I got the news. And of course my amazing friend Margo had suggested earlier that we go to the temple. Well, she was right. That was the exact place that I needed to be.
So my friends took me to the 3:30 session at the Bountiful Temple yesterday and what an experience it was. I felt so close to my Heavenly Father and I was so grateful to be surrounded by three of my closest friends.
After the session, we all sat in the celestial room for quite a while just quietly talking and thinking; my friends all shared experiences that helped me cope with my father's death. Earlier in the day I was overwhelmed with sadness but in the celestial room I had a vision come to my mind that brought so much peace to me. I envisioned my father in no more pain. He was healthy, strong, able to walk, talk, laugh and sing and his younger brother who had passed from cancer many years before was welcoming him on the other side and that made me so happy! My dad wasn't in pain anymore; he was done suffering and I was so grateful for that vision put in my mind. I know when he does pass, it will be a lot easier on me if I just remember that he is going to a place with no pain, only happiness!
My father has suffered a lot in this life and when he passes, he will be freed from all of that pain. My husband also reminded me that this should be a joyous time because he's gone through so much in his life and when he's gone it will finally all be done. He made it through this life and I know that the Lord is pleased with the choices he's made here on earth, reconnecting with his seven children and coming back into the church!
I am so proud of him and could not love him more.
To my friends Anabel, Margo, Lynette and Melynda: I could not have made it through yesterday without your support and phone calls. It meant more to me that you'll ever know! I was uplifted by your kind words of love and support. I am so blessed in this life and could not love my friends more!
I spoke to my aunt today and my dad is still hanging on. I spoke to my dad on the phone last night while he listened on the other end, saying how much I loved him and how proud I was of him. He has had the most amazing attitude throughout this whole journey and I couldn't be more impressed with him. As I spoke to him, my friends were all in the car crying along with me as I said my goodbye's and I felt at peace with what the Lord has in store for my father as he exits this world and continues on his journey in the next life with his little brother Garry by his side!
I love you dad! I'm so grateful for the time that our Heavenly Father has given us these past three years. What an amazing plan our Father in Heaven had for us, giving us the chance to reunite and for you to meet your grandchildren. We had the chance to get to know one another after years of seperation and for that, we were eternally blessed.
"The same everlasting Father who cares for you today will care for you tomorrow. Either He will shield you from the suffering or give you unfailing strength to bear it."
11 comments:
You are amazing Erin! I am so sorry that you are going through this but so glad that you can go through this without any regrets and know that you and dad have a wonderful relationship.
I am so glad that you have such amazing friends. I wish I lived closer. Hang in there and please let us know if there is anything we can do. We love you!
Erin, this made me cry :) For several reasons. Don't really have much to say, but I am thinking about you!
Erin, I'm so glad you had an amazing experience at the Temple, it truly is the best place to be. Sorry about your dad you and your family is in our prayers.
Erin you are the best. Thank you for your great example of strength and faith. It was a pleasure being with you in the house of the lord and be able to be there for you in a time where you needed a shoulder to cry on. Please know that you are continually in our thoughts and prayers...Love ya...
I love you babe! I feel honored to have been there for you yesterday and I too felt the spirit very strong in the Celestial room. I admire you so much and thank you for letting me cry with you, you are an amazing woman :) I am glad Jake is finally home but ya know I am here ready with my box of kleenex if you need me, lol. Love you!!
you are so sweet. i am SO glad you had a good time at the temple, i wish i could have gone. its so nice to hear you had that sweet vision, and maybe some sort of peace. again i am hear for you to drive you down to price if you want!! love you.
Love you! The temple was awesome! What an amazing place to be and what an positive attitude you have! You are amazing! I am so glad we got to sit in the celestial room together and experience that with each other and to feel the spirit SO strong! I love you friends forever!
Seriously bawling! You are amazing!! I love the temple, Matt and I went on Friday night. Love what you felt in the Celestial room. We will be praying for you and your family. Please call if you need anything.
I am sorry you have to go through this. You are such a strong person and it sounds like you have a great support system. What a neat idea to have gone to the temple where you could feel that wonderful confirmation. I will be thinking about you and your family.
I am bawling reading this, you are such a strong amazing person. I can't imagine all you are feeling and going through. I am so glad you had a great experiance at the temple with awesome friends! You are in our prayers and please let me know if I can help even if I just take Lydia. Jordan actually askes to play with her at least twice a week.
I am so sorry Erin. I can't imagine what this must be like. Our family will keep you and yours in our prayers.
Post a Comment