Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Dance, Camping and 3D movies...

Remember how I said that Lydia did perfectly during her first dance class? Well, the two weeks after that were horrible. She cried and cried and made me sit by her the whole class and Rodney sat by her when I was out of town. BUT, her fourth week went the best it ever has. I guess a little bribery goes a long way. She loves class and asks to do the Monster Mash ever day (the Oct. dance they are doing).

My friend Lynette made Lydia the cutest little tutu for her 2nd birthday and she finally got to wear it last week. So adorable.

The day after I got home from Ireland I did tons of laundry so we could leave again the very next day to go camping for the weekend with our buddies the Watts. Lynette and I took the girls' up early to set up camp and the guys drove up together after they got off work.
We reserved a campsite at Moosehorn where we had previously staked out to find the perfect campsite.
The drive up to that campsite was CRAZY...the girls' were hot then cold, fighting then friendly. It was driving us nuts. But once we got to the campsite they were pretty good girls. Look at them holding hands...
We thought it was a good idea to take a stroll around the lake right on our campsite. Halfway around the lake we came to these HUGE boulders and having the "I can do anything" attitude we decided to go for it and take a 5 month old, 2 and 4 year old across this dangerous terrain. It actually ended up being a fun adventure but there were some scary times for the little kiddos.
Jake and I finally bought a brand new tent (so now we don't have to borrow the Jones' tent anymore :) I thought I should go big or go home so I bought a 14x14 cabin tent and we love it.
Jake thought it would be a good idea to rent a canoe to take on the lake and a good idea it was. We had a lot of fun.

The guys went out for a ride. Here they are with Bald Mountain in the back round.
Larry decided to take Jake out for a ride. Then Larry thought it would be a good idea to jump in. I thought all dogs could swim...not ours. It was hilarious to see him try and stay above water.
The peachunks were very friendly at this campground. We thought it would be fun to put out some popcorn and have them come to us. Madds sat there for 45 minutes patiently waiting for them to come to her. It was so cute.

Saturday afternoon we took the canoe out for one more spin. We had a lot of fun camping this time; we can't wait to go again next year.
Today I thought it would be fun to go out on a mommy/daughter date and go to the IMAX theater and see the "Bugs" movie. We got there at 10am and saw that it didn't open til 10:30 so we went to the arcade and Lydia had a lot of fun on the car.
Then we headed off to the movie. I asked Lydia last week what she wanted to do with her mommy next week and she said she wanted to see a movie and wear glasses so I assumed she wanted to see a 3D movie so off we went.
What could make these two gals any sexier?
Big sexy glasses, that's what!

The bug movie was awesome and I recommend it to anyone. Did you know that there are more bugs in one square mile of rain forrest than there are people in the entire world? Crazy huh? The movie is full of this kind of information so go enjoy if you can!

4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

She looks adorable in that TUTU! We need to make MORE!
Ok I would puke if I saw that bug movie! Sick! We need to go back to Thanksgiving Point? I miss it!

Love your picture of you guys in glasses - hilarious - especially Lydia's smile.

Camping was a blast! I can't wait till next year!!!

Emilee said...

Those are some big Sexy glasses! Too cute. I love Lyds tutu, it is adorable. We are glad to know you guys are back and hope to see you soon:)

TeamTyson said...

Hey I have internet access again! I am back. You have been up to a lot since I last checked your blog Ireland! Wow I am so jealous. I always thought I would name one of my girls Ireland. I was just wondering when the Birthday BBQ is? Randon said he got an email, but with the loss of our Internet it is long gone. Hope we didn't miss it. Let me know I would love to see you guys!

Marti said...

I can't believe how busy you were right after that huge trip! I would have been out of commission for a week, I'm sure! What a fun family you have. Love the glasses pictures, too!