Lydia was SO excited to see her cousins. I built it up for weeks that she was going to go see her cousin Levi and she was so excited. And what do you know, they had a blast together. They played non stop, held hands and laughed constantly. It was quite nice to see...even though they got a bit loud at times.
We really did have a good time, except for the fact that Lydia and I didn't get along AT ALL!!! We fought the whole time. She was out of her element, traveling all over and just plain tired. She got zero sleep. All that together made for a couple of very testy gals.
Here's Grandma with all of her grandkids.
Here's the whole gang.
We went for a ride on a huge steam train. I remember going on it as a kid. I also remember the skit they do halfway through the ride...too funny! Ahh, the memories.


Then we headed back to KC. On the way home we were told that we had to go to Lambert's, home of the throwed rolls. Yes, they throw the rolls at you as you're eating. It's hilarious.

The food was just good 'ol country food. So delicious. And SO much of it. Yes, that is an actual sauce pan that my food is in and it's the normal size of a sauce pan too. It was huge. Not only do you get your food, but the workers walk around with big buckets of free sides to go along with the ones you already have...tomatoes and macaroni, fried ocra, potatoes, and molasses to go on the rolls you get "throwed" to you.
On Sunday we had our monthly b-days for September and we also celebrated Cabot's b-day. He turned one on August 25th.



On Monday we drove around and said goodbye to all the family before I left to go back to SLC. Here's Lydia with her Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Seymour.
As far back as I can remember, this is how I see my grandma. Every time we left her house she stood on the porch and waved until we drove away. I just love this lady and I wanted to capture this moment.
We went to dinner with Steven (my cousin), Maria, Becky(Aunt) and Bobby(Uncle). We had a good time talking and catching up. I didn't think Lydia would move from my lap but she took to Rueben and Tony so quickly. I was so happy about that. My family is so small that I consider my cousins my immediate family. So instead of the boys being my 2nd cousins, I consider them my nephews. Well, those three had a good time that night. Lydia couldn't stop laughing with those two. Tony even had to shush her so she would smile for my picture.
3 comments:
What a wonderful trip! Seriously! GOod times and you did such fun things. I Had to laugh when you said you and Lyd's weren't getting along - thank goodness you had familiy there to keep her eterntained!
I have been calling - did you loose you phone?
Glad you are home!
i love the ice cream picture, she is so beautiful. looks like you had fun, glad your home so we had hang out!!
Looks like so much fun! How many times a year do you go to KC? My grandma always used to stand at the door and wave, for some reason she doesn't anymore...I guess age has gotten to her. You will always love that picture you took. Grandmas are the best!
Post a Comment