Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fun week of water, baseball and animals!

Can I just say how much I love my job?
I love that my boss let's me sleep in.
I love that she let's me wear my pj's to work.
I love that she and I get along SO well.
I love that we get to spend ALL DAY together.
We may be mean to each other sometimes
but we know how much we mean to each other always!

The other day we fell asleep together on the swing while daddy went for a bike ride. When Jake got home he took this pic. I just love this girl!
We've had a fun week. It started of course outside in the backyard playing in the water. She loves chasing Larry with the hose and he loves chasing the hose :)


I seriously can't get enough of this girl!

Miss Tara at Flips would be proud of Lydia. She loves doing the somersaults she taught Lyd's in class.
On Monday for family night we went with the Watts to a Bee's game. Jake and I have wanted to take Lydia to her first baseball game for quite a while so I'm glad we finally got to go. Doesn't Lydia look thrilled?
She gets happier though...

Yesterday Lydia and I had a mommy/daughter date to the zoo. I'm already getting Lydia withdrawals just thinking of leaving Lydia for ten days to go to Ireland. So we soaked up each other's company as best we could and went for 4 1/2 hours. By 2pm it was SOOO hot I could hardly stand it so I got us out of there. But of course Lydia cried the whole way home because apparently she didn't get enough of the animals in almost 5 hours.
The bears were the best. They played together forever but Lydia kept saying, "Hey Bears, stop fighting!" So cute.
We went to the Bird Show...twice. We've never been and I don't know why. Lydia loved it so why not see it twice. It was an amazing show. The birds just swooped right over your head. Two of them actually touched my head as they flew over. It was cool.
The gorgeous Bald Eagle. God Bless America!!!


They had a new baby giraffe there. It was the cutest thing EVER! The baby elephant won't be out for 6-8 weeks they said (needs bonding time with mama)!
Look at the size difference. I just love baby animals. SO cute!

Every year I get a pic of Lyd's with the Orangutans. She just keeps getting bigger :)

I love you Lydia. Thanks for spending the day with your mama!!!!

8 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Madelyn & I both laughed at that cute pic of your and Lyd's sleeping. Madelyn thought it was pretty funny!

Love the pictures you are taking with your new camera - awesome

Love the baseball game, but love the conversation more!

That baby giraffe is so stinking cute~! I should go while it is little before it looses the baby look.
Is that orangutan wall new?

Veronica said...

You should frame that one of y'all on the swing. So cute. And you are a VERY good mom to take your baby to the zoo in this heat. Nothing liek Texas, but it's still way hot. Just think about how chilly it will be in Ireland! Lucky girl.

Margo said...

Wow what a great mom you are. Love that picture of you two sleeping on the swing. So precious! Looks like you had a lot of fun with Lydia lately. You are such a fun mom!

Heather Jones said...

Just like everyone love you two on the swing so cute. Have a blast in Ireland I want to hear all about it! Just remember as much as you will miss her she will be there when you get back. I had to learn that, I would miss them, not have as much fun come home and wish I had not worried about the kids and had fun.

Emilee said...

So cute! Cambree and I need to do more just mom and me stuff. I think sometimes I forget since its her and I all the time. Have the best time in Ireland. I am so jealous! When do you leave? Oh and what was the name of the website that you turned your blog into a book? We miss you guys!

Nicole said...

Wow! Looks like you have been having a lot of fun. Lydia is such a doll. She is lucky to have you, you are an amazing mother! Your family is always doing something fun.

Clark Family said...

You are such a fun mom!! Love the pics - they look great with the new camera. Have a fabulous time in Ireland. I am jealous. Can't wait to hear all about it. Take lots of pictures for me :)

PS - thanks again for the great gift to Lizzy for her birthday. I think it was her favorite!

Marti said...

Seriously the first picture is hysterical! Love Lydia's little belly poking out. What a fun mom! We've yet to do the zoo. I just keeping thinking it will get cooler, it will!