Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Kickball and Chuck E. Cheese's

Have I mentioned how much I love summer? Our friends' invited us to a BBQ on Monday and afterward we went to the park and played kickball. I don't think I've played kickball since like 2nd grade. We had a great time, even though I wasn't very good. Lydia loved kicking around the ball while the older kids and adults played. Thanks for the invite, we had a blast!

On Tuesday we went to Chuck E. Cheese's for JoJo's 5th birthday. Lydia has never been to a place like this before and she LOVED it. Running around and playing all the games was heaven for her.


Here is Lyd's with her cousin Willy.

They had a sketch booth...I just couldn't get Lydia to smile. Still cute though.
Job, Lyd's and Lizzy...
Lydia with the B-day boy!
This was Lydia's favorite one, although she never could get the ball over the hump once. She still loved rolling the balls up the lane though.
Here's Lizzy and Lydia. I have no idea what Lyd's face is all about. It's kind of a glimpse of the side of Lydia that most of you don't know. She can be kind of silly and crazy. I just love that little gal.
Here's JoJo blowing out his candles.
Here's the whole crew. Thanks for the invite Laura. We had a great time. Oh, one more thing...Lydia was scared to death of Chuck E. Cheese. He got too close to her and she ran to me and sat on my lap the rest of the time he was there. But as soon as he left, Lydia says, "Where did he go?" Like she even cares. Oh brother...

3 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

good times! Love that sketch of Lyd's & you together! Adorable.
I am with Lydia that chuck e cheese thing creeps me out too! It is like a train wreck you have to watch!

Bel said...

That looks like a fun birthday party and Lydia had a great time playing. I am so happy she is finally in Miss Mo's class, she is such a cutie! I really enjoyed chatting with you today and dance class with be so much more fun now that we can hangout, yay :)

Emilee said...

I cant believe how tan Lyds is. She is growing up fast! I keep thinking I have responded to your blog and then I look and I havent, anyway, I'm sorry about your knees and not being able to do the marathon. I know you were really wanting too. You are amazing and at least you are able to know when something isnt going to be good for you. We need to hang soon!