Thursday, April 09, 2009

And the Winner of the NCAA tourney is...

ME!!!
After 8 years of disappointment, I finally won the pool that Jake does every year and came in 1st place. In our family this is a huge event. We always have over 100 people enter and Jake has come up with a clever points system and at the end of every round he writes notes and emails them to everyone in the pool to keep them updated and let them know what place they are in. Well, this year was finally my year. I started off bad but redeemed myself and came up with the win. As Jake was looking back at my past placements in the other tourney's of years past, he noticed that I've always done pretty well. In the past 8 tournaments I've done, 4 of the 8 of those I finished in the top 12 and I also finished in the top 25 in three other years. So it was definitely my year to win...I got about 400 buckaroos! I donated $50 to the charity of my choice, but the rest is ALL for me (and Lydia of course, we like to shop)!
I owe my win to good ol' Roy Williams and the tarheels for pulling through for me and killing it in the tournament!

Below are Jake's final notes of the competition. He always writes the funniest stuff. It's worth entering just to get his weekly emails. Love you Hun!!!

Notes
Congrats to Erin Johnsen for winning her first NCAA Tournament Pool Challenge.... Next years Final Four should be Kansas, Syracuse , UCLA and Utah… The horses rear end award goes to Larisa Edwards, congrats on getting the most wrong, please play every year.….. 4 of our last 5 winners have been girls, not that there is anything wrong with that. …. Congrats to byU for once again going another year without a tournament win. We’re going on 17 years now. In fact byU has the most tournament appearances in the NCAA without EVER making the Final Four…….Thanks once again to everyone who paid and played, see you next year.

Winners Bio
Erin Elizabeth Johnsen. Not only is she smokin' hot but shes got a brain on her too. Growing up in the rolling plains of Kansas, Erin developed a love for college hoops. Living in the shadows of Phog Allen Field House and the legendary Kansas Jayhawks EJ has always known good hoops. After years of competing and coming close in this very tournament pool Erin finally channeled her inner Wilt Chamberlain and got her hoops mojo on. When asked what she planned to do wth her winnings EJ quipped “whatever I do, you aint gettin any” That’s why I love her! Congrats EJ

4 comments:

Heather Jones said...

Dang that is so cool you won! I bet you are loving the money but more the bragging rights huh!!I did mine for the first time this year and beat todd for awhile but not in the end. He won our group. We will have to join yours next year for sure. Your trip to Kansas looked like a ton of fun. Except for of course that flight nightmare. I am soo sorry that sounded like it sucked for sure. Love two year old tempers!! I bet she was happy to see a new tramp when she got home how sweet Jake!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

You rock! Next year I am FOR SURE DOING IT - no kids coming - more sleep I will be on the ball!
Love that Jake added some commentary and it made me laugh out loud with the whole BYU thing!

Lindsey @ Scarlett James Design said...

WAY TO GO!! Jakes comments are hilarious. He definitely got that from Grandpa J. So funny.

Heather Jones said...

Congrats EJ!!!!! It is a good thing that I wasn't in it this year. I would have given you a run for the money. I hope that you enjoy the earnings now, because next year when I join I am going to make it a Rock, Chalk, EJ mock!!!!