In our family, Halloween is a big deal. We love it...the decorating of the house, dressing up our daughter in the cutest costumes and of course all the candy.
Well, the Wednesday before Halloween this is what I woke up to...

I couldn't believe it. I hate cold weather. But Lydia and Larry went outside to enjoy it, although Lydia only lasted for 35 minutes.

Then on Thursday at Lydia's dance class Miss Mo had the girls' dress up in their costumes. My mom actually made Lydia's costume this year and it wasn't quite done so I had her be a KU cheerleader. My Auntie Becky got Lydia this costume last year and it still fit her. Aren't these girls' just precious?!

This is kind of a random picture that Jake took a couple of days ago that I thought was funny. Larry's favorite spot is the couch (laying up on top of it). He fell off and landed like this and just stayed there for a few minutes. I love how Gangsta my dog is! But how could you not be with a name like "Larry"?!!!!

Then Thursday night we had our friends over for our annual pumpkin carving.

Here are all the finished products. It's amazing how many pumpkins we have for just two families :)

Here we are with our pumpkins.

Jake's is the UofU player with the helmet on his head (shocker), mine is the alien and Lydia's is the cute pumpkin face.

Jake was so proud of his idea...

Then on Halloween our sweet, little Lydia dressed up as a renaissance princess. When I was little (in KS) we always went to the renaissance festival and my mom bought me one of these hats so I thought it would be great if I got Lydia one. So last year I went with my family to the ren fest and I found one for her that was just like the one I had when I was little.

I found lots of princess dresses but nothing that was more like the reniassance times. So, my mom offered to make her costume with this cute pattern that I found. It fit her pretty good for being made over 1000 miles away :) Thank you so much mom. We love it and Lydia loved the big bell sleeves. So cute. My mom also got her the cutest wand that I forget to get in this picture!

Halloween night we went the Watts' home for a yummy dinner then off to go trick or treating. Look how cute these kids are.

The Johnsen fam. Jake left about 45 minutes after the start of our candy collecting for the black out game at the U (hence the reason he looks like he does)!
We had a great Halloween and really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks for the good times friends'!!!!
7 comments:
I love Lydia's renaissance costume. She is sooo cute. Your mom did a great job. Love your pumpkin carving way fun with the light. The kids look so darling on Halloween night. Your dog is so darn cute on the couch!!! Looks like you had a fun Halloween week!
So fun! I love Lyds costume. Cambree was Juliet, really it was just a cute princess costume. It was very renaissance, but I couldnt find a hat so we had to opt for a crown. Anyway she looks adorable. Those pumpkins are fabulous too. I love Halloween.
Lydia looks darling that is a great costume. Jake your pumkin rocks!! That just my be one of the coolest ideas ever. Aren't we great wifes to let our hubby leave us and go to football games! Todd did not even stay long enough to trick or treat. He had to get there on time!
Thanks for the pumpkin carving night as always so flipping fun! Thanks for going trick or treating with us. Love that Lyds loves my dad! So stinking cute
That is my all time fav pic of Larry!
I am laughing so hard at your gangster dog! Lydia looks darling in her halloween costume. Grandmas are the best!
Oh Erin, those pix of the snowfall at your house make me want to CRY!!! I can't believe that?! It looks like January! Lydia looks just adorable. Jake on the other hand... :)
xoxo
You are so good at blogging that I can't keep up. I try to check all of the blogs that I am following at least once a month and I just can't keep up wth yours. Keep up all the fun stories.
Post a Comment