Sunday, June 08, 2008

Busy Week!!!

What a busy week and weekend it has been. As I prepared for our big trip to Kansas for my Grandma Seymour's 80th B-day (I am in charge of the invites and making the video of her 80 years), I've also had to make my next 30 meals (in 3 days no less; I dedicated a post to this topic about 2 months ago if you would like to know what I'm talking about) and I've been trying to get my body back into swimsuit condition by going to the gym religiously. I've done all of this while also trying to keep my social life going. So here's what's been going on this week.
Here is the invite I made for my G-ma. I wrote this poem:
The back and front of the card. Wasn't she a doll, and such a gorgeous woman! And may I also mention that Costco is the best.
Then on Wednesday, Lydia got to hang out with her cousins Will, Lizzie and Matthew for a little play date.Since Jake and I won't be here for Father's Day, I went ahead and gave him his present. After a lot of peer pressure from people who's names will remain nameless, I caved and got Jake a Wii for Father's Day.
Here he is as happy as ever. The pic on the right is an action shot of Jake's face when he saw for the first time what he got.
Then on Friday Lynette invited us to see Madelyn's last dance performance at Lagoon. And of course none of my pictures turned out, but just know that she looked so adorable and she did an awesome job. She's such a cutie!
Then after, a lot of us stayed and rode rides for a few hours.
Here are four of the girls' riding the bumper cars.

Lincoln and Lydia on the whale ride...Lynette and Maddie on the Dino Drop.
Then on Friday night we had the Watts and Davies over for dinner then we went off to our very first family outing to the Drive-in. For the first time, we got to put our Pathfinder to good use. We flattened out the back and turned it onto a bed so we could lay back and enjoy the movie...or so I thought. On the way to the drive-in, Maddie fell asleep, then Lincoln fell asleep while watching his own little movie in the car and our cute little Lyddie stayed WIDE AWAKE the whole movie (it didn't end until 11:30pm) and wasn't on her best behavior, to say the least. She was so wild and would not sit still for one minute so I didn't get to see much of the movie! Why in the world would she not fall asleep. Oh well, maybe next time.
Here we are cozy in our little suv bed.
The whole gang, minus the 2 sleeping kids (why me?!)
On Saturday, I met up with my friend Michelle from my old job and we had lunch at the Dodo (Gateway). And let me tell you, they have the best sandwiches. So yummy! I think we've turned this into a tradition. The past few times we have done lunch, we've gone to the Dodo. Why not? It's delicioso!
Lydia loves her Aunt Michelle.
On Sunday, we had our montly Family Home Evening with the Johnsen's...lesson, dinner and then we just hang out and talk.
Here are just a few of the cousins eating dinner.
Uncle Bones playing tag with the kids.

Dog pile on Bones.
Thanks Duck and Bird for doing it at your house. We had a lot of fun and as Jake would say,
"We love backyards!"















8 comments:

TeamTyson said...

So...When do you guys sleep??? Sounds like a fun, busy weekend. I loved the invitations to your grandmas birthday. Congrats Jake on your Wii, but just so you know Randon was grounded from his and had to sell it because he forgot he had a family! (He sold it I didn't make him) =)

Clark Family said...

I always feel so privileged to see pictures of my kids on your blog. It is my claim to fame. I loved Jake's "surprised" face when he saw the Wii. I am just worried that Bird is going to want one now. I hope you have fun in Kansas. You will be missed and can't wait for your return where we get to be "room buddies". Sounds like a crazy week and you were still motivated to exercise. I wish you would rub off on me a little more. I was just motivated to eat your yummy cheesecake. Travel safe!!

Ben and Ash said...

Okay, I have several items to address but first things first. Next time you and Michelle go to the Dodo, I am coming. Yes, i just invited myself. Second, I am proud of you for getting a Wii for Jake. This is so on the DOWN LOW but I have been wrestling with the thought of getting Ben one for his bday but then I know that is ALL we will end up doing!! So I have yet to make up my mind. BTW, Jake you look good. I guess those good ol' days of going to the drive in and making out all night are LONG GONE, eh? Cute car!! Funny thing, we just got rid of the Xterra 'cause it cost us a small fortune to fill that bloody thing up with gas!!
Okay, I'm really sorry. I should've just sent an email.
xoxo

Joey and Nettifer said...

wasn't the drive in the best. You will come again and we will just help you with Lydia - how about drugs :)

Thanks for coming and watching M dance! It was fun at Lagoon!

Have fun in Kansas! MIss yoU!

danielle and jason said...

I love the Drive-In. Jas and I must've gone 6 or 7 times last summer. Its so fun! Have a blast in Kansas.
P.S. - I've been to Antioch Park...small world. :)

Emilee said...

Wiiiiiiiii! We love the wii congrats on the purchase and always remind Jake what a good wife he has. The invitations are awesome, have fun down there. And my favorite thing about summer is the drive in, we love it. Cambree never goes to sleep when we go either.

Heather Jones said...

Love your cute little poem!! Have fun in Kansas. We love the drive inn the girls have been asking if it is warm enough to go yet. I told them after the baby comes I don't think I could make it like this!!! We have had some crazy kid stories from the drive inn!!

Marti said...

So, so much fun! You guys are always busy...with such fun outings! The invites for your Grandma are DARLING. I didn't know how creative you are. Hope you guys have fun in Kansas. Can't wait to hear about that fun trip, too!